2018-2019 School Year
Click the link below to download the #DontWriteMeOff Scholarship Application
Community Outreach & Fundraising Opportunities
February 1, 2019 – #DontWriteMeOff Scholarship Cycle has opened; closes March 15, 2019.
February 4, 2019– T-shirt Fundraising Campaign has launched and ends on February 24, 2019. View details below:
As a startup organization that is passionate about youth development, we understand that we cannot provoke change without your assistance.
Be Apart of #DontWriteMeOff, Inc.
Interested youth must be between the age of 12-18.
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Students must be open to growing and developing into the most excellent version of themselves.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA or higher after beginning the mentorship program.
- Students must also obtain at least 10 hours of community service within the academic semester, community service hours must be documented. To be a servant-leader, one must understand what it means to indeed serve.
Community Service Project
- Before the end of the school year, students in the mentorship program will put together a community-based project designed to aid and strengthen their neighborhood(s). This will be done with the help of their sponsor, advisory council, program director, and each other.
- Students will receive 20 college credit community service hours.
Incentives for Being a Mentee:
- You will gain a mentor that will help coach and empower you through your academic success, help you attack your goals, operate in your gifts, and push you towards your greatness.
- You will be provided college and career readiness guidance.
- You will gain an accountability system and connect with like-minded youth.
- You will develop characteristics of a servant-leader, grit, tenacity, and begin to walk unapologetically and boldly in your purpose.
- You will be exposed to community partnerships, networking opportunities, field trips, STEAM-based activities, End of The School Year Outing, and much more.
If you are interested in being a mentee, please click the following link Mentee Application.
Advisory Council Member (Atlanta, GA)
#DontWriteMeOff, Inc. is currently seeking Volunteer Advisory Council Members.
- Are you an advocate for youth or youth development?
- Are you willing to stand in the gap for this generation and the generation to come?
- Are you involved in your community and looking for a way to create and bring change?
- Do you see a need to help shift and change the mindset/lives of our youth?
- Are your mission and vision align with the mission and vision of #DontWriteMeOff, Inc.?
If your answer to all of these questions were yes, we invite you to apply to be an Advisory Council Member for your county/community. We are looking for individuals who are aware of what is happening in their community and aware of the needs of the youth and their families in that particular community. We are the eyes and ears of our community, together we can positively impact the lives of our youth.
Note: You must be involved in community outreach of some sort (participate in community service, education, juvenile justice, youth leader, activism, etc.)
Please send your resume and interest letter to our Advisory Council Chair, Jonnequia Cavett: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Mentor (Atlanta, GA)
#DontWriteMeOff, Inc. is currently seeking change agents to serve as Volunteer Mentors to our High School and Middle School mentees for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Are you at least 25 years of age or older?
- Are you a young professional and advocate for youth empowerment and development?
- Were you ever written off by society due to your socioeconomic background?
- Do you have a backstory that you are willing to share with the youth?
- Are you driven and fueled by faith and purpose?
- Can you commit to mentoring our youth throughout the school year?
If so, you are who we want to connect our mentees with. As a mentor, your role is to empower, encourage, and build rapport with youth to redirect them on the proper path (based on their goals/dreams/needs. You will be responsible for helping them write down their goals/visions, build community, redirect behavior and academics, and keeping youth in alignment with the mission of our organization. You will be provided with tools and resources to accomplish these goals.
For additional information, please contact our Program Secretary, Brittany Crowell: email@example.com.